IFCU Research Group on Social Sciences organizes its 5th International Conference, which is to take place on October 24th – 26th, 2018 in the city of Lima, at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP).
The theme selected for this meeting is “The role of universities in caring for our common home”. This theme holds particular importance with regards to such challenges as global warming for life on our planet. Universities in general – and Catholic ones in particular – have a major role to play in the fight against this scourge.
We invite you to send us outlines of presentations tackling the following subjects:
– Universities and their Commitment to the Good of the Planet ;
– The Impact of Global Warming ;
– Biodiversity and the Amazon ;
– Water, Land and Natural Resources ;
– Nations, Social Movements and Territory ;
– Sustainable Development: A Social and Energy Model ;
– Environmental Public Policies and Negotiation ;
Authors should make the following elements clear: the title of the presentation, the name of their institution, their name and the exact position they hold at their institution. Summaries of a maximum 400 words should be sent by email to the IFCU General Secretariat by the 20th of May, 2018.